Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cheese Spaghetti Toss

Cheese Spaghetti Toss was the first meal that I made from the Betty Crocker Cookbook.  I have decided  that Betty Crocker is really horrible at naming dishes...Cheese Spaghetti Toss...really?  Cheese was an ingredient, but bacon was the ingredient that gave the dish its "wow factor."  I would have named it something really special like Bacon Cheese Pasta Explosion.  But maybe the dish got its boring name because it suited how bland the dish tasted.  It was actually not too hard to make, bacon mixed with a wine and eggs poured over pasta.  Boil water, fry bacon not too hard to complete.  My parents ate the dinner which was good sign, they also had seconds which was an even bigger boost to my ego.  Overall the dish was a little boring, but it had potential.  A little garlic, a little more pepper and maybe a tiny bit of salt would have worked wonders on the pasta.  Also as my father put it, "A cookbook will never say this, but you can never have too much bacon," therefore next time I will use a lot more bacon.  The good news is that since my first attempt at cooking like Betty Crocker was not a complete and total disaster, I will continue with my goal of cooking every dish from the cookbook.  I don't really feel like Betty Crocker yet, maybe next time I should wear an apron.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I can't wait to read about your future adventures in the cooking world. So does this mean your mom is off the hook for cooking for the duration of this blog...or at least till the recipes hold out? Have fun, I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love your father's comment

    ReplyDelete