Thursday, October 28, 2010

Noodle Salad Toss

Today was not a big cooking day.  After my accomplishment yesterday, I figured I could slack a little.  Also yesterday I decided to go crazy with my blog post and write a novel, so tonight I will keep it short and sweet.  Tonight we were having pasta for dinner so I figured a salad would be a great addition to our meal.  Most salad recipes were:  cut up romaine lettuce, toss in dressing, serve.  That was a little too easy so I found a recipe that required some form of actual cooking.  I found noodle salad toss which was great because I only had to buy chow mein noodles.  Thank god I did not have to spend a lot of time in the grocery store because everyone knows how much I love the grocery store.

To make the noodle part of the salad I had to melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then mix in 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.  I then added the noodles to the buttery garlic mixture and topped it off with parmesan cheese.  Next, I baked the noodles for 20 minutes.  The noodles smelled so delicious after they were done baking.  I added the noodles to lettuce and made a homemade vinaigrette dressing.  The salad was light and fresh, which was good after a week of heavy baked foods.

Tonight's dish was really refreshing.  I am glad I mixed it up a little, even though a salad was pretty easy to make.  Hopefully tomorrow I am able to make something for the Halloween weekend, like maybe a ghoulish drink (yes the cookbook has a tab just for drinks).

No comments:

Post a Comment