Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A New Direction...Vegetables



Okay so I had to go in a new direction today because I was doing too much baking and there was no possible way for me to finish all the baked goods in one day.  Today I made something that I have never had before, squash.  I made Maple Baked Acorn Squash, which was not as disgusting as I thought it would be.  Actually the squash did not have much taste to it; I am glad I put a lot of cream and maple syrup on it.  If I ever decide to dabble in squash again, I would use less cream and possibly add some brown sugar to it.  I wish that the center mixture had turned out to be more of a glaze as opposed to a milky soupy substance.  But even though my squash looked like halved coconuts when it came out the oven I was still pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  Also if there is anyone in the Cleveland area that loves squash, I mean like can't live without some good acorn squash, please come over to my house and finish the 3 halves that I have left because yes my family and I split one half.  I suppose I should not have made so much, but I was following the recipe exactly so thank god acorn squash is cheap.  

So someone suggested I post the recipes for the dishes I make so I will start today.  This recipe was really difficult, I mean if you are not a veteran cook I would not even attempt this vegetable dish.
Maple Baked Acorn Squash
-Two acorn squash cut in half, make sure to remove all seeds
-One tablespoon of cream and one tablespoon of  maple syrup poured into each half
-Place in an ungreased baking pan
-Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.  
Okay so there was not much to this recipe, but I said I would make everything in the cookbook even if that means pouring two ingredients into a vegetable and baking.  Tomorrow maybe I will attempt something even more difficult like a cobb salad.

1 comment:

  1. Proverbs 16:3
    " Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

    I hope this bible verse is encouraging enough for you :)

    ReplyDelete