Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Absolutely Disgusting....

Today I succeeded in making something even more disgusting than my ass muffins...corn-dogs blahhhh.  Okay thinking about them right now is making me sick to my stomach and the lingering smell of hot oil makes me want to vomit.  This was one of the worst decisions in my short cooking life.  One might ask, why even make corn-dogs?  My only answer is that there are so many hotdog recipes in the Betty Crocker cookbook I just had to try one.  Looking at all of the recipes this was the only recipe that I had all of the ingredients for.  My other options for today were hotdog kabobs or bacon wrapped hotdogs filled with cheese. I really thought my best option was the corn-dog recipe, boy was I wrong.  The mixture had flour, salt, baking powder, shortening, one egg, and milk.  I then covered a hotdog in the mixture and fried it.  It took about 6 minutes to cook and didn't look too bad when I took it out of the oil.  One bite later I was sick.  The corn-dog tasted awful, like oil and nastiness.  I don't even know how to describe the taste of what I put in my mouth.  It was definitely way worse than the honey muffins I made a couple of weeks ago.  I did not take a picture because honestly it was not pretty to look at.  If only I could insert a smell here I would have everyone smell the awful oil smell that has taken over my entire downstairs (sorry parents).  This was definitely one of the worst things I have ever cooked, period.  I will never be making these awful wieners again.  Note to Betty Crocker please exclude all hotdog recipes from your next addition of this cookbook.  There isn't one hotdog recipe that sounds appealing especially after making that sad excuse for a corn-dog.

I might go back to baking after this, the corn-dog was really that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment