Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Succeeded in Making the Chicken Crepes!!!!



Yesterday I didn't know how to make chicken for my chicken crepes recipe and Betty Crocker was absolutely no help.  In her cookbook it says, cook chicken, that is it.  I am trying to learn how to cook, so with no instructions or directions on the actual cooking aspect, I was stuck.   After consulting the internet and my parents I figure out a few ways to cook the chicken for my meal.  I ended up baking the chicken which took forever so I am glad I started early.  The meal had two different aspects to it; crepes and filling. I made the crepes, which were pretty easy.  The crepes ingredients included flour, salt, baking powder, milk and eggs.  I made the crepes first and kept them warm until I was finished making the chicken filling.  I then had to chop apples, onions and the chicken I cooked earlier.  I had to make gravy which consisted of melted butter, flour, salt and chicken broth.  After the gravy thickened I added the chopped apple, onion and chicken.  This mixture heated up for a while, then I served it over the crepes.

This was pretty epic for me because it had been a long time since my last actual meal.  I got stuck in a baking rut because it was easy and tonight I really pushed myself.  I would definitely make this again and I wouldn't change anything.  I would make more crepes because I had left over filling.  Tomorrow I will hopefully make another dinner that can top this one.   Also I am going to try to pick a recipe that actually has instructions because sorry Betty I don't know how to cook everything.

Finished Product!

1 comment:

  1. mmm sounds and looks delicious! :)

    I expect a meal when i come home for break :)

    ReplyDelete