Monday, November 1, 2010

Silver White Cake

Okay so like I said earlier today, I was in Tennessee this weekend with my cousins partying like crazy for Halloween, so I did not have time to blog.  I am stuck in this baking rut; I baked again today.  I really like baking because I love sweet things, but I think I need an extended break.  Today's adventure was baking a silver white cake with white mountain frosting.  The cake was pretty simple and came out really great.   The frosting did not fair as well which was disappointing because it took a long time to make.

To make the frosting I had to heat sugar, corn syrup, and water until it was boiling and hardened in cold water.  I then had to beat egg whites until "stiff peaks formed."  Yes the recipe calls for stiff peaks more than once which was quite entertaining.  I beat the eggs, boiled the sugar, and then mixed the two together until again, stiff peaks formed.  This took almost as long as it took to make the cake.  I had to add lemon juice for the exact type of frosting I was making and I was really looking forward to a lemon cake.  Alas the frosting was pretty bland and for fear of ruining an entire yellow cake I only frosted about 1/4 of the cake.

View Picture:



I will probably use store bought chocolate frosting for the rest of the cake, which is not cheating because I made frosting.  I even tried the nasty frosting on the cake so I think I deserve to enjoy at least some of it. 
Fair warning for tomorrow, I am going to the Cavaliers game so if I don't have time to cook something or I don't have time to blog about it don't be upset.  Somehow I will make it up to all of my faithful readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment