Monday, November 8, 2010

No Cooking Today

Okay so I did not cook anything today, but I felt the need to blog about it anyway.  Today I planned on making chicken crepes.  They sounded delicious, homemade crepes filled with chicken, apples, gravy, etc. Well I took chicken out this morning to defrost and at 5:00pm the chicken was still pretty frozen.  Besides the whole frozen chicken thing, I also did not plan on how I was actually going to cook the chicken (serious blonde moment).   So it was almost 6:00pm, I had frozen chicken, and no way to quickly cook it.  I had to abandon my dream of chicken crepes for tonight.  It was really disappointing because I even ran out to the store today to buy apples and chicken broth.  Oh and I promised my family I would make dinner which ended up being a lie and we had to pull something together.  Overall I was a complete failure today, but the whole reason I started this cooking thing was to learn.  Lesson learned for today, plan my meals better, like figuring out how to cook chicken before starting the recipe.

Tomorrow I will not let the chicken defeat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment