Sunday, November 28, 2010

Repeat

I haven't blogged in a while...again.  Sorry.  The last time I baked, I made this awesome banana bread.  I made it just in time for my brother to come home from college so he actually got to taste my creation.  He loved it so much he wanted me to bake another loaf for him to take back to BG.  Today was the first day that the bananas were really ripe enough and it was also the first time I had off this weekend so I could actually bake it.  The day, however, was filled with decorating the outside of our house, watching the Browns almost blow another win, and putting up our Christmas tree; not baking.  I was so excited that my whole family was home to decorate the tree that I completely forgot about baking another loaf of banana bread.  After we had put all the ornaments on the tree and watched two Christmas movies I finally remembered the bread.  I figured I could get up early and bake it before Kev left for school, but my insomnia crept in and I decided I could bake it tonight.  Like I said in my previous post it isn't very hard to make it just takes over an hour to bake.  So it is now 2:35am EST and I am still up.  I did bake banana bread that smelled so delicious, so I hope my brother appreciates the time I took to bake it; he most likely won't oh well.  Today I did not bake something new, but I am extremely happy that my creations have tasted good enough that people have wanted me to cook/bake them again.  Although this is a repeat I felt like it warranted a blog post because its a big accomplishment to make something good enough that it is requested again.  I am so proud how far I have come in the past two months.  I hope that I can continue to learn how to be the best cook ever, like Betty Crocker.

My blog posts will probably be more sporadic now because I am working a lot, but I will not give up on my goal of completing the cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment