Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mmmmm Tasty Stuffed Shells

I finally got back into my cooking kick today and honestly I missed cooking and blogging.  I took a long break from cooking for various reasons.  I went to Chicago last weekend, didn't sleep and drank way too much, so I basically died all day Monday.  Feeling like death and all prevented me from cooking, I seriously didn't get out of bed until like noon and even after that I laid around all day.  Wow I sound like a complete waste of space, but to make up for my total uselessness Monday, I worked on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Each day I worked at times that really prevented me from finding a recipe and completing it.  I guess I could have tried harder, but I felt like I was being productive enough those two days.  That brings me to today, Thursday, which has been a cook or end it day.  I knew if I didn't start up my cooking again today I would probably not follow through with my project, which would be so sad and awful because it is like my baby.  Okay so today I told my parents I would cook dinner since I was available all day (no work or hungover-ness woohoo).  I decided to go back to the whole modern Betty Crocker recipe idea.  I get really bored with the recipes in the Betty Crocker cookbook, one because they are old and boring and two because they are sooo bland.  I end up tweaking them to the way I want and I really just wanted to make a good dinner tonight.  I decided to make stuffed shells because we had chicken twice this week, steak one night, and I really hate pork.  I found a recipe that called for ground beef, chive and onion cream cheese, six cheese italian cheese and parmesan cheese mixed together and stuffed into jumbo shells.  I baked the shells and covered in tomato basil sauce.  The shells smelled so great before they were even done baking.  I am happy to report I have not lost my magic touch.  I really think I have found my calling in life.  I enjoy cooking and forgetting about the ass muffins and corn-dogs, I have actually done pretty well.  I would definitely make these stuffed shells again and I would gladly give anyone the recipe that wants it.

Tomorrow I will hopefully have some creation to blog about, but I can't make any promises because again I work at an awkward time.  I will make it up to my faithful readers this weekend by cooking something so epic it blows everyone's minds.  

Yummy baking!!

2 comments: