Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever

I haven't made anything since last Thursday, which is an epic fail on my part, and I said I would make something epic this weekend....yeah that didn't happen.  I personally blame the Cleveland Browns for losing their game on purpose and putting me in a horrible mood which prevented me from cooking.  Anyway I was going to bake something yesterday and then I got caught up in work and law school apps so that didn't happen.  Today though I got up and told myself: "You will not let Matt Giffhorn down, he has wanted you to cook/blog for like 3 days now."  So for my friend I actually decided to make something.   I made banana bread today because I had perfectly ripe/overly ripe bananas.  The recipe was fairly easy.  I actually looked up the banana bread recipe on Betty Crocker online and the cookbook recipe was way easier for a change. I had to mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, and mashed bananas.  I could have added nuts, but not everyone in my family eats nuts and I am not about to eat an entire loaf of bread by myself so I decided against that direction.  It took actually a long time to bake the bread.  The recipe said it would take between 50-60 minutes, but I cooked it for like 70-75 minutes.  I was nervous that I had to bake it so much longer than the recipe called for, but the bread did not burn and turned out really tasty.  It was perfect banana bread.  I am really happy with the outcome and I predict that the bread won't last long in my house.

Now I have to plans for my next meal, maybe I will make something to help my inevitable Thursday morning hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment